Thursday, January 22, 2004
I think the hardest thing about living is letting go.
I've always kept things in - thinking that it would be easier, preventing myself from being hurt - sparing my little piece that I could hold dear.
I guess I've changed policies. I remember once one of my friends straight up told a guy that he had the most beautiful eyes - he was taken - but she did anyways - b/c life is too short, she said.
And, life is about letting go - it makes it more thrilling - and even if it's scary, like the initial look over the side of a plane before you jump into midair - it's incredible - and u feel the most clear. and you wonder why u didn't do it earlier.
there are those who think when u give it away, you lose part of yourself - until it all whittles away and you areleft with nothing - yet, I've learned from much heartbreak that it's the opposite - that you gain something, something that is just as precious and u find yourself in the process.
I've been so confused lately - in this weird mid crisis - not really a kid, not really an adult - not sure where my life is leading - where my relationships were going.
And, instead of worrying and going crazy - I realized finally, that it's all up to God - and I'm really in His hands - that whatever will happen will happen - I just have to jump and trust that it'll all be okay.
I've always kept things in - thinking that it would be easier, preventing myself from being hurt - sparing my little piece that I could hold dear.
I guess I've changed policies. I remember once one of my friends straight up told a guy that he had the most beautiful eyes - he was taken - but she did anyways - b/c life is too short, she said.
And, life is about letting go - it makes it more thrilling - and even if it's scary, like the initial look over the side of a plane before you jump into midair - it's incredible - and u feel the most clear. and you wonder why u didn't do it earlier.
there are those who think when u give it away, you lose part of yourself - until it all whittles away and you areleft with nothing - yet, I've learned from much heartbreak that it's the opposite - that you gain something, something that is just as precious and u find yourself in the process.
I've been so confused lately - in this weird mid crisis - not really a kid, not really an adult - not sure where my life is leading - where my relationships were going.
And, instead of worrying and going crazy - I realized finally, that it's all up to God - and I'm really in His hands - that whatever will happen will happen - I just have to jump and trust that it'll all be okay.