Thursday, September 09, 2004
been dealing with a HORRIBLE migraine lately :( but this cheered me up, ok, it doesn't beat breakdancing transformers, but click on animation, then click on "happy valentine" or "choco choco"
pucca is this silly girl who goes after this kind of obliging ninja...
my fav site of the day :)
also my mishap of the weekend...
on my way to the usher concert...
So, the night was so chaotic that they lost my ticket at the will call. Either that, or the record company forgot to leave me a ticket - this is a fairly common occurence according to one of the bouncers there. He said that at concerts, there's always someone that is supposed to get in who can't - and to never trust record companies.
So, I talk to will call. They are very rude to me, and "call" their manager about it. I don't believe them and keep pressing, and come back a second time. They are even more rude and direct me to go to where photographers meet, which doesn't make sense, because I need a ticket to get in and photographers just meet backstage, go in for photos and leave.
But, they continue to be mean, so I head to the photographers meeting place, the north tunnel.
There is a bouncer there, who is as confused as me. Luckily there are backstage hands there and Usher's dancers. I plead with them my case, but I don't think anybody believes me. I keep talking to them, they go in, and disappear.
An hour passes.
Finally, a dancer comes up to me - not as a reporter, but starts flirting and says "what's up?"
I tell him my situation.
He says, he can get me in for $40.
At this point, with no other option, I agree to his condition.
He leads me in from the backstage, behind Ushers big LCD screen, through the cords, and the fenced up security. While walking me in -he asks - are you married? I answer no. Then, he tells me I'm pretty.
But I think, thanks, but obviously not pretty enough to get in for free. I hand him $40 in cash.
(later i think, if i said this out loud would he feel bad and hand me back a $20?)
He puts his arm around me, then points me into the main floor.
The whole thing was sketchy so I go straight to the main floor seats, avoid the security and sit at the first empty seat. I pretend I belong there and wish the lights will go out so nobody notices. A girl tells me that I am in her seat, so I find another empty one close by - then sit there for the rest of the night, hoping nobody notices.
Later on I notice this dancer as one of Usher's dancers onstage.
pucca is this silly girl who goes after this kind of obliging ninja...
my fav site of the day :)
also my mishap of the weekend...
on my way to the usher concert...
So, the night was so chaotic that they lost my ticket at the will call. Either that, or the record company forgot to leave me a ticket - this is a fairly common occurence according to one of the bouncers there. He said that at concerts, there's always someone that is supposed to get in who can't - and to never trust record companies.
So, I talk to will call. They are very rude to me, and "call" their manager about it. I don't believe them and keep pressing, and come back a second time. They are even more rude and direct me to go to where photographers meet, which doesn't make sense, because I need a ticket to get in and photographers just meet backstage, go in for photos and leave.
But, they continue to be mean, so I head to the photographers meeting place, the north tunnel.
There is a bouncer there, who is as confused as me. Luckily there are backstage hands there and Usher's dancers. I plead with them my case, but I don't think anybody believes me. I keep talking to them, they go in, and disappear.
An hour passes.
Finally, a dancer comes up to me - not as a reporter, but starts flirting and says "what's up?"
I tell him my situation.
He says, he can get me in for $40.
At this point, with no other option, I agree to his condition.
He leads me in from the backstage, behind Ushers big LCD screen, through the cords, and the fenced up security. While walking me in -he asks - are you married? I answer no. Then, he tells me I'm pretty.
But I think, thanks, but obviously not pretty enough to get in for free. I hand him $40 in cash.
(later i think, if i said this out loud would he feel bad and hand me back a $20?)
He puts his arm around me, then points me into the main floor.
The whole thing was sketchy so I go straight to the main floor seats, avoid the security and sit at the first empty seat. I pretend I belong there and wish the lights will go out so nobody notices. A girl tells me that I am in her seat, so I find another empty one close by - then sit there for the rest of the night, hoping nobody notices.
Later on I notice this dancer as one of Usher's dancers onstage.